Monday, July 16, 2012

30 Day Smoothie Challenge: Day 7 plus Baked Fajitas!


Day 7
7/15/12
Sunday
Morning weight: 161.5
Today's Goal: Watch what I eat very closely
This week's goal: -2 lbs
This month's goal: -10 lbs
Vitamins: yes
Breakfast: Smoothie (3 bananas, Spinach, 1/2 apple, Watermelon, Greek yogurt)
Mid-morning snack: none
Lunch: Turkey and cheese Sandwich
Mid-afternoon snack: none
Dinner: Spaghetti and home made meat sauce
I think I gained that pound back from dinner last night.
# of bottles of water: III

The last two days was pretty boring. I need to remind you guys that weight fluctuations are NORMAL. Seriously. Even though I'm weighing myself everyday, I take each weigh-in with a grain of salt. If you had a big dinner, you'll probably weigh more the next morning. If you didn't drink as much water the day before, you'll probably weigh less the next day then bounce back up. Don't sweat it.

I did want to tell y'all about this Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie I had on day 6. I found the recipe on 'This Chick Cooks' and it was good. But not good enough for me to drink a big glass of, like all of my other smoothies. It would probably be a good milkshake replacement smoothie. I would probably add cocoa powder or something to it because I got bored with it REALLY FAST and I am in love with chocolate peanut butter milkshakes. 

I've been on a cooking kick the last few days, and I'm really excited about the meal I found on 'Six Sisters' Stuff' because I love Mexican food. 

You need :
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 2 T vegetable oil
  • 2 t. chili powder
  • 2 t. cumin
  • 1/2 t. garlic powder
  • 1/2 t. dried oregano
  • 1/4 t. salt
  • 12 flour tortillas, warmed to serve

First, combine your spices and vegetable (I used olive oil) oil in a small bowl. I had to replace the oregano with basil because we didn't have any and that was the closest substitute. 
 Next, slice your thawed chicken into strips and put them in a casserole dish.
 Add your sliced up bell pepper and onion to that.
 Finally, the rest of the ingredients go in. Our grocery store either hides or doesn't carry green chilies in a can by themselves, so I used two cans of Rotel's diced tomatoes and green chilies (10 oz each).
I tried to mix them all together right before this picture, but that didn't really work out.
This is the finish product (after we ate some of course)


I've reached this weeks goal and even passed it by losing 3.5 lbs total!!! Baby steps!! 1/10th of the way to my goal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment