Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Honey Mustard Chicken

1/3/12
         Yesterday, I found a recipe on Pinterest for Honey Mustard Chicken. Now if you know me, you know that my favorite food combination of all time is honey mustard and fried chicken. Now that I've gone gluten-free again, however, I can't have fried chicken breaks my heart. This recipe made me regain hope, though. Also, it's a Weight Watchers recipe, which doesn't hurt anything at all.


Sorry I don't have pictures, I just decided to start this blog after I made the next post.

The ingredients are:
    -Cooking spray (It says to use one but I used a couple more)
    -2/3 cup of light honey mustard dressing 
    -1/8 tsp of salt
    -1/8 tsp of black pepper
    -2tsp fresh dill finely chopped (I used 1tsp of dried and could have used less. Also, I feel like this is optional)
    -1 medium scallion, finally chopped
    -1 cup of cornflake crumbs
    -4-4oz chicken breasts

1. Preheat oven to 425F.

2. Coat pan with cooking spray. 
         -I also put aluminum foil over the pan before I sprayed it for even easier clean-up

3. In a bowl, combine 1/3 cup of honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill, and scallions
          -set aside the rest of it for after

4. Place cornflake CRUMBS on a plate. Dip chicken into dressing then cornflakes and place in pan.

5. Drizzle (or dip) remaining dressing mixture over chicken and serve.

After making it, I recommend putting a wire cookie rack in the pan to keep the bottoms of the chicken from getting soggy. Remember to read the recipe first so you don't use whole cornflakes instead of crumbs; which I forgot to do and burned some cornflakes. 

We didn't use most of the dressing I set aside.
 Next time, I would just let people use what they want to so there isn't as much waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment